[jhb] Re: Another OT

  • From: "franklyn fisher" <ff006c5886@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 17:42:25 +0100

Bones
For Silverstone, I just left it on AF. And used the 55-200 lens.
They are AF-S NIKKOR lens. What ever that means.
I found that using the manual focus, you only had to touch the ring a hairsbreadth, and it was out of focus. And the speed of the cars, meant keeping in focus,tracking and pushing the button, was hard work. I have cropped some of the 200 odd shots, mainly because, I was midway up the covered stands, and got a lot of shots with the support poles in. Further round the circuit, I managed to get some shots from a bank, and there was a small gap in the fence, and got a shot or two as the cars was passing. From the stand seat, I also got some headon shots as they came around the bend, but had to time it between those d****d posts, only had a second to do it. I was in stand C, just in front of the pit entry, before the last bend, to the pit straight.
Frank