[haiku-web] Re: Plone

  • From: "Waldemar Kornewald" <wkornew@xxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 13:37:26 +0200

On 7/26/06, Charlie Clark <charlie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Andrew Milton has already written something for XUF. I don't think you can
> > do the necessary work in a PythonScript due to security restrictions. XUF
> > is
> > pretty powerful and suitable for single sign ons and I've worked with it
> > so
> > I'm happy to help.
>
> Thanks. When do you think you'll be able to work on it? And how will
> Trac interface with it? I could adapt DbAuth (replace the SQL code
> with what XUF needs), but if you're faster I'd be even happier. :)

Give ZopeTrac a spin:
http://www.zope.org/Members/TheJester/ZopeTrac

It fails importing trac.web.main (why? I can do this in any other script) and it uses an old API (assumes only one env is supported). So, let's use XUF or do you know how to fix it?

> At least, the forum must look nice and it must be able to send
> notification messages to our users (new posts to some topic). I'm not
> opposed to using a nice Plone/Zope portal.

You might have to do the legwork at evaluating the current options - I don't
like forums but I'm happy to then look at porting the data and tidying them
up.

Okay, I'll try to find something nice, but it's not high-priority, ATM. I need to fix the other stuff, first.

> At http://haiku-os.org/factory/ you can download automatically
> generated images and packages. This page should be integrated into
> Plone such that everything has a uniform look. I'll ask Phil about the
> source for his site.

It should be possible to do anything that is outside of the database (ie.
filesystem) with an ExternalMethod.

Hmm, I'll have a look at what that is. At the programming level, Plone&Zope are extremely ugly and overly complicated. A CMS with one fifth of the source could do the same...well, apart from WebDAV, FTP, etc...but who needs that? Well, unfortunately, there is no better alternative (except if someone writes a nice WYSIWYG editor for Skeletonz).

Bye,
Waldemar Kornewald