[haiku-web] Re: Plone

  • From: "Waldemar Kornewald" <wkornew@xxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2006 20:01:17 +0200

On 7/29/06, Waldemar Kornewald <wkornew@xxxxxxx> wrote:

On 7/29/06, Charlie Clark <charlie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >  BTW, I'll give SQLPASPlugin a new try. Maybe we won't need XUF and
> > everything will work out-of-the-box.
>
> You still have the problem of setting/reading the cookie. Where is the
> current installation of Plone?

On my local machine. But it's working, now. I'll just have to extend
SQLPASPlugin to also support removing users.

Well, the source looks extremely ugly and I'm if one couldn't do the same with a much smaller plugin. Also, you can't store all kinds of properties in that plugin, so you won't get access to the email address. Another problem: you can't delete users from the web interface and it seems that you also can't change your password...how can people release such an ugly work to the public?

Charlie, what are the advantages of XUF over a cleaned-up SQL auth
plugin (properties would still be handled by the default manager)?
Which would be more work?
Would you be willing to work on the SQL auth plugin? For me it's very
difficult to dig through the Plone source and find which interfaces to
export (there are about six interfaces for a simple auth plugin!!!)
and I could need your help, here.

Bye,
Waldemar Kornewald