[haiku-web] Re: Plone

  • From: "Waldemar Kornewald" <wkornew@xxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2006 21:39:59 +0200

On 7/30/06, Charlie Clark <charlie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Yeah, of course. But a server will cost >$30 (Plone+Zope burn
> resources...) which is many times more than we pay ATM and I don't
> like the idea of burning money on a server (at least not in our
> current situation). Rather, I'd use Skeletonz (if that works) and help
> with WYSIWYG and other stuff. That would also give us a much simpler
> code base than Zope+Plone.

I run a Zope + PostgreSQL site quite happily on a virtual server. I
suspect the Haiku site won't be that much trouble: memory is the key and
that is usually fairly cheap. See the latest comparison of virtual servers
in the current c't. But anyway there is always the chance of talking to
Berlios re. hosting.

What were the results of the c't article? Which were the two best hosts (price, features)?

Bye,
Waldemar Kornewald