[haiku-web] Re: Plone

  • From: "Waldemar Kornewald" <wkornew@xxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2006 16:41:39 +0200

On 7/29/06, Charlie Clark <charlie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The ZODB is pretty fast as long as it stays small enough (generally less
than 2GB). It is optimised for reads which is why it is not really
suitable for storing lots of large files (but then no database really is).
I would not anticipate this being the limiting factor for a forum
particularly with the Plone ZPT induced overhead. Should it not alreay be
implemented then it is probably relatively straightforward to store
content in an RDBMS. As it is actually a Zope product (I don't run Plone)
I will take a look at it in more detail regarding 1) importing from phpBB
and 2) using a relational backend.

There are some forum products that use an RDBMS as their backend. I might have a look at them, too.

BTW, I'll give SQLPASPlugin a new try. Maybe we won't need XUF and
everything will work out-of-the-box.

Bye,
Waldemar Kornewald