[haiku-web] Re: Plone

  • From: "Charlie Clark" <charlie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2006 19:44:55 +0200

On Sun, 30 Jul 2006 19:38:14 +0200, Waldemar Kornewald <wkornew@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Yeah, of course. But a server will cost >$30 (Plone+Zope burn
resources...) which is many times more than we pay ATM and I don't
like the idea of burning money on a server (at least not in our
current situation). Rather, I'd use Skeletonz (if that works) and help
with WYSIWYG and other stuff. That would also give us a much simpler
code base than Zope+Plone.

I run a Zope + PostgreSQL site quite happily on a virtual server. I suspect the Haiku site won't be that much trouble: memory is the key and that is usually fairly cheap. See the latest comparison of virtual servers in the current c't. But anyway there is always the chance of talking to Berlios re. hosting.

FWIW worth for development I have a root server with Trac + dbAuth already
installed. It would probably be suitable for production purposes but as I
cannot guarantee availability I would not suggest using it for this. I did
give Mikael an account and root access but he preferred to use his own
machine.
Hmm, thanks for the offer. It's worth considering, but as you said you
can't guarantee availability.

Nope, but good enough for development. Been running the yellowTAB bug tracker for the last 10 months.

Charlie