[haiku-web] Re: Plone

  • From: "Waldemar Kornewald" <wkornew@xxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2006 10:39:25 +0200

On 7/29/06, Charlie Clark <charlie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Sat, 29 Jul 2006 20:23:46 +0200, Waldemar Kornewald <wkornew@xxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Does XUF use PAS? The Plone developers told me that Gruf is terrible
> and will make a lot of problems (breaking between releases).

XUF predates PAS, so the answer is no.

I think that we should better stick with the standard: PAS Could you please help with writing a nice PAS plugin? Please take a look at SQLPASPlugin. It needs support for deleting users, changing passwords, and setting arbitrary properties.

>  Okay, but we'd still need a nice SQL backend which can be interfaced
> from within Trac. I could do the Trac part, so you actually don't need
> to setup Trac. All I want is Plone to store its user and properties
> data into an SQL DB, so I can modify DbAuth to pull its data from that
> DB.

I need a list of the properties to be stored for the schema. Are you
intending to use SQLite for Trac or can we use PostgreSQL?

Well, SQLite is easier to install, but PostgreSQL is better suited for huge DBs and high workload. OTOH, for Trac SQLite might even be sufficient. Why do you think PostgreSQL would be better? I'd prefer the simpler solution, if possible. Also, our current Trac DB is SQLite. But why does that matter, at all? Zope has DAs or we could use SQLAlchemy.

Bye,
Waldemar Kornewald