[haiku-web] Re: Plone

  • From: Charlie Clark <charlie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 18:03:51 +0200

On 2006-07-31 at 17:57:27 [+0200], "Mikael Jansson (mailing lists)"
<lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Since we have shared hosting we can't install PostgreSQL, anyway.
> > We'll have to stick with MySQL.
> >
> Isn't MySQL-5.x highly improved with regard to data integrity, though?

Possibly, though it all depends what backend you are using. Note that MySQL
5 is not generally installed on shared hosters and not many client
languages will support it. Anyway this is going off on a tangent as if we
do go with Zope then we do need root access and can install whatever RDBMS
we want. No need for second best.

Charlie