[haiku-web] Re: Plone

  • From: "Waldemar Kornewald" <wkornew@xxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 18:20:17 +0200

On 7/31/06, Charlie Clark <charlie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 2006-07-31 at 17:57:27 [+0200], "Mikael Jansson (mailing lists)"
<lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Since we have shared hosting we can't install PostgreSQL, anyway.
> > We'll have to stick with MySQL.
> >
> Isn't MySQL-5.x highly improved with regard to data integrity, though?

Possibly, though it all depends what backend you are using. Note that MySQL
5 is not generally installed on shared hosters and not many client
languages will support it. Anyway this is going off on a tangent as if we
do go with Zope then we do need root access and can install whatever RDBMS
we want. No need for second best.

Well, in the end even second best is too good for us... It seems that we're going to use Typo3. Burning money just for hosting a big monster app is not something we can afford (ATM) and we will have to be satisfied with less because everyone is already annoyed by this CMS issue and we don't want to wait, anymore.

For those interested, Typo3 is written in PHP and we could need a few
people with CSS and skin design experience. I think we won't get
around creating a little skin and I'd really love to have a modern
Web2.0-ish look. Unfortunately, I'm not a designer...but I'm sure I
could help with integrating a skin into Typo3 if someone else did the
design part.
Or do we even have people with Typo3 development experience who are
willing to help?

Bye,
Waldemar Kornewald