[Wittrs] Re: Further Thoughts on Dennett, Searle and the Conundrum of Dualism

  • From: "gabuddabout" <gabuddabout@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wittrsamr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2010 21:05:38 -0000

I liked my response better, Stuart.  You know why?  I wouldn't be caught dead
with another ignoratio elenchi.  You seem to have become quite a master at
picking and choosing bits and pieces of concept spheres in order to call Searle
names--but who is the shaman here?  Searle as mystic because not a dualist?  Or
Searle as mystic because a dualist?

Deepak Chopra was found arguing that our systems are like quantum systems such
that we have the grace of superimposed states which allow for our freedom and
utter specialness.

Namaste.

Cheers,
Budd