[wdmaudiodev] Re: White Papers now available

  • From: "J�rgen" Aase <jaa029@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2002 06:04:35 -0800 (PST)

Someone asked for comments on the whitepaper? Ok
then...

First of all, it worked;) Well, I haven't tested
capturing yet, but rendering is far better then mme
and ds on my pc's.

I expected to find filter/port friendlynames in the
whitepaper, but reading the setupAPI docs solved it.

The render thread was just as I hoped, easy to
understand.

I missed sample code on capturing.

As a suggestion for the future. I think the wave API
is VERY lean and mean. A mofifiction to this api
(waveExXXX) with:

- optional kxmixer bypassing
- open ins/outs at the same time (waveOpen(1xIn,
4xOut)
- callback includes position(sync), buffer pointers
for in and out (like asio) so we can do:

read
process
write

- Thats it:)

I'm sure an experience developer could make this cool
api on top of DirectKs in less then a week, anyone?

I really don't need myself, but it would make
programming more fun!

Cheers,
Jørgen Aase
http://www.webmassiva.com