[wdmaudiodev] Re: White Papers now available

  • From: David Roach <DRoach@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 22:10:48 -0600

Hi Matt,

The following links reference QFE 269601, which superseded Q242937.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/stream/hh/s
tream/aud-design_5u07.asp

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/stream/hh/s
tream/audmp-routines_8oj7.asp

FWIW, we've found that our customers (primarily new laptop and desktop
motherboards) dropped Win98SE on July 1st, when Microsoft pulled life
support. WinME has had little traction, and Win2k had traction only in
commercial accounts. This has had the effect of shifting the bulk of our
efforts to WinXP SP1. This wholesale shift of our customer base is very
unlike previous OS releases, which occurred much more gradually.

Best,

David Roach
droach@xxxxxxxxxxxx