(VICT) Re: Retrieve

  • From: "The Pawpower Pack" <pawpower@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <vi-clicker-trainers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 18:40:17 -0500

when she is tethered to me she is an absolute angel.
This is what I mean when I say that she learned that getting busted was the
thing to avoid not actually learning that scavenging/counter surfing is the
undesired behavior.

She is free most of the time in the house but when I'm asleep or taking a
nap or if there are especially tempting things around I crate her or tie her
to me.  Also I notice that she does much better if she has something to chew
on like a perfect bone.  After the storm we were out of perfect bones for a
long time but she is happier now that we went to the butcher's and got her
some.

I may try putting a bit of cream cheese on the object.     It helps me a bit
because Mill'E will come get the object that Laveau drops at my feet.
Mill'E would be thrilled if I'd give up this silly idea to teach Laveau to
retrieve and let her be the only retrieving dog in the house; it is her
favorite task.

Rox and the "Kitchen Bitches"
Bristol (retired), Mill'E SD, and Laveau SDIT
" A teacher can only lead you to the threshold of your own mind." -- Kahlil
Gibran
pawpower@xxxxxxx
windows messenger: Brisomania@xxxxxxxxxxx
AIM: brissysgirl