(VICT) Re: Retrieve

  • From: "Tamara Smith-Kinney" <tamara.8024@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vi-clicker-trainers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 21:40:59 -0700

Hmm....  Good point.  Mitiz will always show me things I drop, but when I
suggest she pick them up, she just looks at me, shows me again, then grins
and wags her tail.  Okay.  I don't need the working retrieve, but I find
myself mulling over how to teach it to her anyway, just out of principle.
/smile/

She does the behaviors in play, and she will take toys and treats from my
hand.  But if I ask her take something that is mine, not hers, out of my
hand, I get the look again.  She will touch it, grin and wag her tail and is
clearly astonished that I'm not catching on to how good she's being.
/smile/  I keep thinking someday I'll magically come up with a plan to
communicate the next step to her.  At least I have the option of picking up
my own dang stuff.  /smile/  And it's nice not to have to worry about what
she's chewing up.  Unless it's apple pie or cake...  /lol/

Tami Smith-Kinney