(VICT) Re: Retrieve

  • From: "Tamara Smith-Kinney" <tamara.8024@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vi-clicker-trainers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 12:42:49 -0700

Karyn,

Oh, yes.  They get very impressed with themselves, don't they?  There are
definitely times when Mitzi is training me as much as I'm training her,
especially when we play.  Goofy poodle!

I do keep wondering how those of you who need the working retrieve manage to
train for it.  Or how you manage while you're training!  It must be quite
frustrating.  I know you'll figure it out, and then it will snap together
for your clever li'l man.  /smile/

I'm glad you had Met trained for those extra tasks before you needed them so
suddenly with the onset of MCS.  Yikes!  Makes me think I should get more
serious about teaching Mitzi those things while she's young, because you
never know, do you?

Ah, well.  Daisy's having a troubled day, so I'm behind schedule and need to
get Mitzi out...  Just the past few days, Daisy is starting to exhibit
normal play behaviors with both me and Mitzi.  Mitzi's not willing to give
Daisy another chance to play nice just yet, but it should come in time.
Meanwhile I can give lots of playful attention to those doggy behaviors.
Endorphins for Daisy!  Yay!  /smile/

Tami Smith-Kinney