[pure-silver] Re: new darkroom

  • From: William Harting <wm.harting@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2011 15:51:22 -0500

I've done both cellar and upstairs, and upstairs is better. In the cellar I
once had a former coal bin entirely wrapped on the inside with foil-faced
kraft construction paper -- it was like printing inside a cookie box, very
bright, reasonably clean, but humidity was a nightmare, and ventilation was
limited. Now I'm in a spare bedroom on the first floor where I've plumbed
in a sink, covered the window with a World-War II blackout shade and sealed
the door satisfactorily with the black plastic paper is wrapped in. A
low-velocity exhaust fan runs continuously when the room is in use; odor
has not been a problem. And I have floral wallpaper.
-bill h