[projectaon] Re: Outstanding Errata Sprint (Week 6)

  • From: Timothy Pederick <pederick@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 16:29:32 +0800

Chris, I'd love to do another point-by-point counterargument, but I think
we're clogging up the list with our most stimulating discussion. :-) (Also
I'm short on time right now...)

Let me therefore conclude as follows.

*Healing:* +1 EP per section.
*Curing:* +1 EP per section.

Like bonuses; don't stack.

*Curing:* +1 EP per section.
*Deliverance:* +20 EP once per adventure.

Unlike bonuses; do stack.

*Weaponmastery with Bow:* +3 to Bow number picks.
*Mentora Weaponmastery:* +2 to missile weapon number picks.

Unlike bonuses; do stack.

*Mentora Weaponmastery:* +2 to missile weapon number picks.
*Grand Weaponmastery with Bow:* +3 to Bow number picks.

Unlike bonuses; do stack.

If I've understood your argument correctly, you believe either:

   - You can't use any bonus of whatever kind from Weaponmastery and Grand
   Weaponmastery together; or
   - The Weaponmastery, Mentora, and Grand Weaponmastery bonuses are like,
   not unlike, and so don't stack.

I believe the first is a valid perspective; I simply choose a different one.
I think that applying such a rule consistently would mean that you can't use
Curing's +1 EP and Deliverance's +20 EP in the same adventure, either.

The second is also fine if you believe (as you suggested once, but don't
appear to use as your preferred perspective) that you *can't* stack WM and
Mentora bonuses for a total of +5. If you *can* stack them, then I don't see
why they should be a special exception.

Gotta go! Thanks for the debate. :-)

--
Tim Pederick