[projectaon] Re: Outstanding Errata Sprint (Week 6)

  • From: David Davis <feline1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2011 09:17:36 +0100

 On Thu 16/06/11 12:04 AM , Chris Neilson crusty.chris@xxxxxxxxx sent:

>> The way I see it, the "reader loyalty bonus" is that the player gets to
 compare their old bonuses to the equivalent new Grandmaster bonus and
 use the best bonus applicable.

DED: pretty much, yes. The way the Newletters put it is that the bonuses
are an incremental improvement,
 rather than accumulative (i.e. use your Magnakai bonus PLUS your Grand
Master bonus)

>>Furthermore, my gut feeling is that we shouldnt standardize GM
 Weaponmastery bonuses mentioned in specific sections throughout the book
 (either to +3 or +5 or even to +4). I find it hard to believe that
 anyone could write down a bonus (regardless of whether or not its a typo
 or a copy-paste error) and then not make the random number comparisons
 immediately afterwards relevant to that specific bonus. If the author
 said the bonus is +3 they would know the player had a 30% greater chance
 (vs not having the skill) to "succeed" (ie get a better option), +5
 would be a 50% greater chance. you would base the rolls required to
 "succeed" respectively. The author may also be using a higher bonus as a
 way of saying if you have Grand Weaponmastery (with a bow) you cannot
 fail (eg +5 CS bonus means you cannot roll the 1-4 which would result in
 a miss). Additionally, by changing those specifically stated bonuses you
 change a difficult roll into a much easier one (or harder if youre
 dropping the bonus from +5 -> +3).