[projectaon] Re: Outstanding Errata Sprint (Week 6)

  • From: Jonathan Blake <jonathan.blake@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 16:16:24 -0700

OK, I'm trying to synthesize where we've gotten to so far. Here's a first draft:

We should footnote that:

1) Weaponmastery bonuses are replaced by Grand Weaponmastery bonuses,
not added cumulatively (cf. Newsletter 28).

2) We realize that it's odd that the Grand Weaponmastery bonus is less
than the +5 Weaponmastery bonus when a Kai reaches the rank of
Mentora. This may be a mistake meaning that the Grand Weaponmastery
bonus should really be +5, or it the author may have intended the
Grand Weaponmastery bonus to be the same as the Weaponmastery bonus
and the Mentora +2 bonus to be a 'hidden loyalty bonus' (cf.
Newsletter 28), or even that the author assumed the +3 basic
Weaponmastery bonus in the Grand Master series and the Mentora bonus
is the only bonus with a Bow that can be carried over (and therefore
the Grand Weaponmastery +3 is an improvement on the Mentora +2).

3) The reader is sometimes directed during the adventure to use
various Bow bonuses from +3 to +5. Depending on the reader's feelings
about the previous item, this may be an error (and therefore all of
these bonuses should match whatever the reader decides the Grand
Weaponmastery bonus should be), the author adjusting the bonus on a
case-by-case basis (and therefore this bonus should be used instead of
the standard bonus), or an additional bonus on top of the standard
bonuses.

Sound right? Anyone want to tack a whack at making that more readable/useable?