[projectaon] Re: Outstanding Errata Sprint (Week 6)

  • From: Benjamin I Krefetz <krefetz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 15:16:58 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 30 Jun 2011, Timothy Pederick wrote:

On 29 June 2011 23:52, Benjamin I Krefetz <krefetz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Which raises the issue: section 220 is unreachable.  To get there, you have
to be an Archmaster with Nexus, which means you have all but one discipline.
However, the only route there is 150 -> 80 -> 249 -> 67 -> 121 -> 220.

249 is only reachable if you don't have Huntmastery at Archmaster level,
and 67 is only reachable if you don't have Pathsmanship at Tutelary level.
 So to get to 220, you must be an Archmaster who has neither Huntmastery nor
Pathsmanship.

Huh. That's a very good point.

The only (simple) way I can see to make it work is to move the "longer than
4 rounds -> 121" option to 83, rather than 67. Now, that seems like it's
punishing you for having advanced skills -- in 83, you *avoided* the ambush
thanks to your advanced Pathsmanship, but now you might get an instadeath if
you take too long to win -- but I think it actually kind of works.
Everything is in your favour: you ignore two rounds worth of EP loss, and
your opponents have a Combat Skill that's 4 lower than it is in 67. If you
can't finish this fight in 4 rounds, maybe you deserve to face instadeath.
;-) Anyway, it's arguably better than risking instadeath for *not* being a
Tutelary with Pathsmanship.

Also, regardless of whether we move the link to 121 or not, we should footnote the link to say that the reader should turn there immediately at the start of the 5th round without first concluding the fight (since one member of the group has to still be alive).

And fwiw, I think your suggestion to move the link is a good one :) Still you'd have to have Huntmastery as the one discipline you didn't pick as Archmaster, but at least it's possible.

Ben