[opendtv] (no subject)

  • From: Albert Manfredi <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2010 00:12:09 -0500

> Everything looks quite good, except ... Did anyone know that Win7 DOES
> NOT want to run DOS .exe files??

Apparently. the pro version does allow users to install a free Microsoft
virtual machine for running any applications that ran on WinXP. Presumably,
even the DOS programs. And for the home editions of Win7, there's this:

http://www.dosbox.com/

Version 0.74. Hmmm. Sounds immature still. I can't understand what Microsoft
was trying to get away with here. Can't even run mem /c at the c:\ prompt
anymore, nor can you find anything like config.nt or autoexec.nt anywhere, nor
can you create a shortcut "manually" anymore. As far as I have been able to
determine yet.

Hey Microsoft. If we wanted a d*mned Mac, we would have bought one! Sheesh!