[opendtv] Re: STB hunting

  • From: Mark Schubin <tvmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 11:26:54 -0500

Manfredi, Albert E wrote:

>The FCC receiver mandate still holds,

To whatever extent it is holding.  There are clear violations of the
mandate, but there are no penalties.  As best I can tell, there are not
even wrist-slapping letters.

>has been set at March
>2007 for all TV sets and recording devices, and these built
>in receivers are reportedly of good quality.

The ones in the 36-inch-and-up category.

This past weekend, I noted the following ads for TVs and recording
devices, all under $100:
         - Radio Shack 2.3-inch LCD TV @ Radio Shack $59.99
         - Mystery brand GTV5055 5-inch TV @ Conn's $14.97
         - PocketVision LCD-511 5-inch LCD TV @ Radio Shack $99.99
         - Konka 13-inch TV @ Universal $45
         - Mystery brand CTGV4563TCT 13-inch TV @ Conn's $59.99
         - Toshiba 13A25 13-inch TV @ Conn's $79.97
         - Advent Q1435A 14-inch flat-tube TV @ Circuit City $87.99
         - Konka 19-inch TV @ Universal $59
         - Sansui TWM1916 19-inch TV @ Royal $68
         - Toshiba 19A24/25 19-inch TV @ Best Buy $99.99
         - RCA 25-inch TV @ Royal $98
         - Sansui VCR @ Universal $22
         - Sansui S35EV VCR @ Royal $29.99
         - Sansui DVD/VCR combo @ Universal $44
         - GoVideo DV2150 DVD/VCR combo @ Royal $59
         - Insignia IS-DVD040924 DVD/VCR combo @ Best Buy $75.99
         - Philips DVP3050V DVD/VCR combo @ Target $78
         - Samsung DVDV5500 DVD/VCR combo @ Circuit City $79.99
         - Samsung DVDV5500 DVD/VCR combo @ Conn's $94.97

I wonder how much they will cost on March 2, 2007 -- or if they'll
simply stop being sold.

TTFN,
Mark