[opendtv] Re: STB hunting

  • From: Cliff Benham <cbenham@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 14:35:25 -0500

Albert Manfredi wrote:

>So again, I hope and trust that this isn't being lost to Radio Shack upper
>management. Given the right price point, which I'm guessing to be around
>$100, and nothing more than a word of mouth reputation for good performance,
>there is a healthy demand for DTT STBs.

HA!!!
What percentage of sales do you think the Accurian box represents to
Tandy on a national level?

I assure you it is so small as to be less than dust.

Radio Shack makes their money selling cell phones, batteries, and
*mainstream* home entertainment products.
It is a bother to them to have to deal with us bargain basement hunters
who come in wanting these off the wall
discintinued pieces of junk,  when they could be selling a DirecTV or
Dish system and making some real profit.