[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: [liblouis] r715 committed - the last batch of files converted to utf-8.

  • From: "John Gardner" <john.gardner@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2012 10:08:45 -0700

Hello Mesar, on behalf of the BrailleBlaster steering committee, I
understand and appreciate your concern about UTF8.  Clearly we should have
started that way.
I have a suggestion for how to settle this issue.  First of all, let's make
the tables work with liblouis today.  My suggestion is to put everything
beyond 127 into the /x notation.  At some later time, I would very much like
to convert to using UTF8.  Vic Beckley has begun working part-time for
ViewPlus on liblouis items specific to the company, and he is presently
waiting on us to give him a new list of things to do.  In the meantime, I
have asked him to work with you to do this improvement.

Okay with all concerned?  Thanks!!!

John Gardner