[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: [liblouis] r715 committed - the last batch of files converted to utf-8.

  • From: "John J. Boyer" <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2012 10:05:45 -0500

Hi Mesar,

If UTF8 is allowed in the character argument of opcodes, no characters
above 127 can be used. This would invalidate any tables using Latin-1.
People would not be able to simply type letters on their keyboards. I
think it is best if tables work with liblouis as it is now. Actually
implementing UTF-8 is not a problem. I just don't think it is the best
choice for people who use keyboards with accented letters, umlauts, etc.

John