[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: [liblouis] r715 committed - the last batch of files converted to utf-8.

  • From: Bert Frees <bertfrees@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2012 09:24:34 +0200

I'm in favour of supporting UTF-8.

But I don't think this has to be top priority. We already support UCS2-LE and UCS2-BE (according to the user manual), which can do the vast majority of unicode characters.

Bert

On 07/04/2012 12:56 AM, John J. Boyer wrote:
I'm waiting for the Europeans to come back online. It's night there now.
In case we have a consensus to use UTF-8 we can fall back to Latin-1 if
an invalid UTF-8 character sequence is encountgered. In this case there
would be a warning message.

Linux text editors are intended for use with programming languages. I'm
looking for one that can handle UTF-8.

I work at the command line because I find GUI's hard to use. There are
others who have been blind from birth who don't have this problem.
Perhaps trining would help, but I have never been able to afford it.

John B