[iyonix-support] Re: Iconising files

  • From: Dr Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 18:54:21 +0100

On 25 May 2006  David Pitt <pittdj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In message <c2aca42c4e.druck@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>           "David J. Ruck" <druck@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> On 25 May 2006 Dr Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>>       As David says, Homerton.Medium as the desktop font makes the
>>>      problem go away. However, it looks IMHO horrible as a
>>>      desktop font, and screws up the display of NetFetch's panel
>>>      at 12pt.
>>>
>>>      Trinity 12pt looks much better, but the everestmax pages
>>>      won't iconise.
>>>
>>>      Then I looked at what other fonts I had, and here comes the
>>>      /really/ slippery bit. Paladin.Roman (came with OPro) looks
>>>      good, but at 12pt shows the non-iconise problem; however, at
>>>      10pt I can iconise.
>>>
>>>       So I went back to Trinity.Medium and tried 11pt (10pt seems
>>>      too small to me, and I can now iconise.
>>
>> From this and EVERESTMAX verses EVERESTMA it definately looks like the
>> problem is due to size of the text exceeding the icon bounding box.
>> Homerton.Modium is one of the larger fonts, both Trinity, Paladin are
>> smaller. My choice of sasson is smaller still so nover exhibits the problem.
>
> To back that up reducing Homerton.Medium from the default of 12pts to
> 11pts also 'fixes' this. Going up to 13pts and it only goes as far as
> EVERESTM.

FWIW I've finally settled on Trinity.Medium at 11.25pt, which is the
largest size where the problem doesn't happen.

Hah! I've just confirmed that your suggestion of Homerton.Medium at
11pt also delivers the goods, and looks better than Trinity, I think.
I thought I'd tried that one; it's just become my setting. :-)

With best wishes,

Peter.

--
Peter   \   /                 \     Prestbury, Cheltenham,  Glos. GL52
Anne     \ / __            __  \                              England.