[iyonix-support] Re: Iconising files

  • From: Dr Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 08:43:47 +0100

On 24 May 2006  Dave Higton <davehigton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In message <3c26fa2b4e.pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>           Dr Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[snip]

>> It's 100% reproducible on this machine trying to iconise
>> www.everestmax.com or any of its sub-pages in NetSurf. Other NetSurf
>> pages seem to iconise OK, and everestmax in Oregano2 iconises as it
>> should do. Odd!
>
> I've just tried it with NetSurf (13 May 2006 10:15) on the above page
> and 11 of its sub-pages.  All of them iconised fine.  Iyonix, RO5.11
> (22-Feb-06), 1280 x 1024 x 16M.  The Pinboard settings are Iconise to
> top right,

Same here.

> stacked vertically (which doesn't happen; they iconise where they are
> clicked),

They do here, when I click on the iconise button (the little round one
next to the toggle size button); they only stay where they are when I
shift-click on the close icon. This works fine with the offending
pages.

>Tidy to top right, stacked vertically.

I have tidy to top left, horizontally.

> Arrange pinned objects on a grid is ticked.  Background is Standard
> image but I don't know how to name which one.

I have a jpg photo as background; I also have a row of 11
frequently-used icons across the top of the screen; does this perhaps
make a difference?

> Curiously, a Tidy operation puts some of them them right on top of
> other objects that are already there as a result of some Pin commands
> in one of my start-up files.

No, that doesn't happen here, and I also have some of the 11 pinned at
start-up (a little BASIC prog pins some current directories
automatically).

All very strange.

With best wishes,

Peter.

--
Peter   \   /                 \     Prestbury, Cheltenham,  Glos. GL52
Anne     \ / __            __  \                              England.