[iyonix-support] Re: Iconising files

  • From: Peter derwent <egroup@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 00:32:11 +0100

>This doesn't make sense to me.  Iconising is something that happens to open
>documents so you can park them.  You iconise by clicking the button to the
>immediate left of the maximise button. It isn't an option for files.  If
>you want to put files on the pinboard, you simply drag them there and save
>the pinboard setting.
>
>Or have I completely misunderstood what you are trying to do?
>

>where have you found those? They aren't options on my !Boot.Pinboard.

Hi Charles

I dont stick them to the pinboard because I already have a backdrop with
icons stuck to it in my Word Processing environment. But I was always
able to iconise using the iconise button on the window to temporarily
get rid of the file without closing it - Makes it easier for cutting and
pasting from one file to another. (Was always able to do it OK on my
RiscPC).

In !Boot (Pinboard) on th Iyonix, there are options to iconise to top
left & right, bottom left and right of screen, to the Iconbar, and to
"Button". Here only the last two options work and I wondered why that
should be for Fireworkz files, bearing in mind that directories iconise
correctly.

Pete
From: Pete                             Email: egroup@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
.....................WWW: http://www.peterjd.demon.co.uk/back/index2.htm