[iyonix-support] Re: Iconising files

  • From: John Williams <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 10:38:13 +0100

In article <x5dkYjAuEwYEpw3O@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Peter derwent <egroup@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In !Boot it has 6 setup options for location of the iconised file or
> directory - Top left, bottom left, top right, bottom right, Iconbar and
> Button. Only directories appear on the screen after using any of the
> first four options, but both directories and files appear using either
> of the last two (Iconbar, Button).

> If you have your system setup to use one of the first four options and
> you iconise a file, it disappears, and if you double click on its icon,
> you get an error message that it is already loaded. You then cannot
> access that file again (because it's not showing n the screen), until
> you reset the machine.

Could it be that the necessary icons - sprites - don't exist, and therefore
don't appear as they can't be plotted? Directories work because they use
the default directory icon already in the sprite pool.

I've never used this feature (found in the 'Windows' configuration section
BTW), but perhaps the application should provide an additional icon to
allow this to work on the backdrop.

Just a theory.

John

--