[iyonix-support] Re: Iconising files

  • From: Peter Bell <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 00:06:23 +0100

In message <AtLo9KA2$kYEpwQC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Peter derwent <egroup@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I tried all the options in !Boot (Pinboard), but the only two that
> worked for Fireworkz files were "Iconbar", and "Button" ("Button"
> appeared at the top of the screen about two thirds of the way across
> from left to right).
>
> At least I can use those options but it's puzzling why the others do not
> appear to work for FW files but DO work for directories.

I've just tried it here, and no, the icon doesn't appear on the
pinboard.  Menu over the pinboard -> Select all does offer
windows, so the pinboard knows about it.  After selecting all windows,
Menu -> Selection -> Open does re-open the Fireworkz window.

However, this problem appears to affect several applications - I've just
tried StrongED and Oregano2.  They seem to behave in exactly the same
way.

I'm going to make a wild guess here, and suggest that it's Geminus which
is preventing it from displaying (I only say this because I've sometimes
found that pinned file icons don't always redraw properly since I
installed the latest version of Geminus (including JPEG and accelerated
graphics). I guess the question is, are you using Geminus?

--
Peter Bell - peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx