[iyonix-support] Re: Iconising files

  • From: charles <charles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 22:01:15 +0100

In article <AtLo9KA2$kYEpwQC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Peter derwent <egroup@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >What is the "iconise to" setting in Configure's Pinboard section?
> >And have you checked under all the windows?
> >No problem here with iconise to icon bar, or top left.
> >
> >Cheers
> >---Dave
> >
> Hi Dave

> My iconise settings are "to top right, stacked vertically", and the
> folders do! But not the Fireworkz files.

This doesn't make sense to me.  Iconising is something that happens to open
documents so you can park them.  You iconise by clicking the button to the
immediate left of the maximise button. It isn't an option for files.  If
you want to put files on the pinboard, you simply drag them there and save
the pinboard setting.

Or have I completely misunderstood what you are trying to do?

> I closed all the windows and there was nothing there. I also increased
> the screen resolution to see if the icon was off screen but it wasn't.

> I tried all the options in !Boot (Pinboard), but the only two that
> worked for Fireworkz files were "Iconbar", and "Button"

where have you found those? They aren't options on my !Boot.Pinboard.

--
From KT24 - in drought-ridden Surrey

Using a RISC OS5 computer