[iyonix-support] Re: Anyone running VPN on an Iyonix

  • From: Peter Bell <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 09:52:39 +0100

In message <3310212b4e.markee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          mark.stephens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I have been looking at the possibility of running either from my
> Iyonix or using it on a VPN workwork. Does anyone know if this
> possible/ can recommend any software?

Not a software solution but, for many years, I've been using Draytek
Vigor routers to provide a transparent VPN.  We have a mixed environment
of RPC/Iyonix, Windows and DEC Alpha/VMS machines all interconnected
across four sites.

We could have chatted about this at Wakefield!

--
Peter Bell - peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx