[iyonix-support] Re: Iconising files

  • From: Dr Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 17:09:12 +0100

On 25 May 2006  David Pitt <pittdj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In message <Marcel-1.53-0524113210-b49pErr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>           Chris Evans <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> [snip]

>> My collegue has pointed out the the most likely cause is something to do
>> with the text in the title bar, normally the text under the icon of an
>> iconised window is the first word in the title bar i.e. the characters up
>> until the first space.
>
> It is a bit more slippery than that.

Even more slippery than David suggests! :-)

I've been having a play, and can report:

      As David says, Homerton.Medium as the desktop font makes the
     problem go away. However, it looks IMHO horrible as a
     desktop font, and screws up the display of NetFetch's panel
     at 12pt.

     Trinity 12pt looks much better, but the everestmax pages
     won't iconise.

     Then I looked at what other fonts I had, and here comes the
     /really/ slippery bit. Paladin.Roman (came with OPro) looks
     good, but at 12pt shows the non-iconise problem; however, at
     10pt I can iconise.

      So I went back to Trinity.Medium and tried 11pt (10pt seems
     too small to me, and I can now iconise.

I'm sure someone understands this, but someone is not me.

I wonder also if it solves the OP's Fireworkz32 problem.

All very fascinating!

With best wishes,

Peter.

--
Peter   \   /                 \     Prestbury, Cheltenham,  Glos. GL52
Anne     \ / __            __  \                              England.