[ian-reeds-games] Re: [ian-reeds-games]

  • From: Ian Reed <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 18:11:51 -0700

Austen, sorry to hear about the slow filling of that map. I'm glad dev 18 has the block fill now, smile.

The structures don't regenerate the same points because they have their own "Default structure flags.txt" file that is separate from the "Default units flags.txt" file. This was intentional as there may often be cases where the structures don't work exactly the same as the units. If you want them to work the same then you can just copy all the flags in the units defaults file into the structures defaults file and you should be good to go.

The flag for telling AI to only use a skill once per turn is a good one, I've added it to my list.

Interesting that you're still getting AI attacking things that don't have integrity. If the attack skill deals damage to any point that the target has then the AI will still use it.
For instance in a fantasy theme.
If my target had health but not mana and I had an attack that dealt health and mana damage, the AI should still use it. But if my attack only did mana damage then the AI should not use it on that target.

Ian Reed

On 12/17/2012 5:34 PM, Austen Perry wrote:
well, i've found some thing sout.
i made a fifty by 30 map, and it took almost 45 minutes to fill it so
the block fill would be great d.
i've noticed that structures don't regenerate points that are
regenerting for all like actions. they have minutes like the other
unit, but once they've used them they don't regen, even if they use
half the points, they only have the other half left there next turn.
this realy bothered me as the goldmine couldn't give my miner gold as
it was stopped in time rofl.
i made a pretty cool map and its only a fraction of the size i'm
planning on making.
the other problem i found is enemy units using shields more than once,
is there a flag eventualy that tells it to use the skill only once per
turn d.
i've also still run in to ships attacking units for integrity that
don't have it, so i don't think thats totaly fixed yet.
otherwise i'm loving it, but i've had to put in planets like islands
wich looks weird d.
anyway keep it up hope some kenew stuff comes soon d.

austen

On 12/17/12, Austen Perry <austentheaxewielder@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
well, heres what i've got to show again.
still prototypes work, as realy testing how stuff works and what not.
updated mines so they can fly and get killed.
also now there are shipyards arms depos and more, all with 0 starting
gold but with maxes of like millions, then theres a gold mine wich can
cast get mined lol as its the only way, then it gives gold to a miner
who then can give it to a shipyard or arms depo.
also bug with miner for the moment and it cant move but it still works
hes right next to the shipyard.
each mine can produce 120000 gold per turn, so you can make a patrol
class 9 from the shipyard.
theres also a command carrier, wich has 10 star fighters, though
theres a bug when docking as it gives the carrier the fighter but the
star fighter doesn't go away even with the effect death rofl.
i also probably need to add minutes to flying as they can move a
little too much in my opinion, so yeah.
try it out and let me know what you think.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/18725707/4%20enter%20galactic%20space%20fleet.zip

austen

On 12/17/12, Carlos Macintosh <sleepio1@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I would like to have the health_ignore_max flag avilable for  effects. I
am

making a cry of endurance skill that allows the unit to go into a rage
where

they can take a bit more punishment, even allowing their hitpoints to go
above maximum. If their hp was still above max when the effect ended, it
would be regenerated like normal. But for now, whenever hp is restored,
it
ges back to the maximum, 500/500, but would be cooler if it would only
regenerate if the hp was lower than max.