[ian-reeds-games] Re: [ian-reeds-games]

  • From: "Allan Thompson" <allan1.thompson@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 20:39:03 -0500

Hi Austen,
I haven't played the new map yet, but I wanted to ask you if you tried ending a
turn and seeing how long  the computer takes to move everything. What I am
saying is that I don't think  these  maps are able to be really enjoyed. I find
myself constantly scaling back things just to make the enemy  turn go  at a
reasonable level.

One thing I did notice myself was that ships with summoning skills, for
instance launch fighter, tend to launch everything they have first. Then the
ship just sits there and does not move  after that, while the launched units
seem to do more or less what they are intended. The carrier of the fighters
will not move again however. I tried to tempt it into chasing my heavy cruiser,
but nothing. it will attack if it is in range, but it will never move. I took
away the fighter launch skill...and the klingons started moving as one would
expect. It is almost like the AI assumes that anything creating another unit
via summons must be some unmovable object.