[haiku-development] Re: Banning Jorge

  • From: Adrien Destugues <adestugu@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2010 08:27:00 +0100

Le jeudi 04 novembre 2010 à 20:36 -0600, Nickos V a écrit :
> Haiku Inc. controls and maintains the forums.  Right?  So why not the Mailing
> Lists too?

> Wouldn't moderation and removal of posts on forum and mailing lists be Haiku
> Inc.'s responsibility?

> If yes, then banning decisions should also be part of Haiku Inc.'s
> responsibilities.

They are different things. The forum happens to be hosted on a server
paid by Haiku, Inc., while the mailing lists are hosted on freelists.org
servers. Freelist choice is to let us handle these things and provide
administration tools to do it. As for the forum, Haiku, Inc. has to keep
an eye on it because it's on their own server, but I never heard they
were maintaining it in any way. It's a community operated forum, with
moderators that may or may not happen to also be part of the board of
director of the NPO. This doesn't mean each decision about the forum is
made in a BOD meeting.

Anyway, the idea is that Haiku, Inc. is there only to handle the money
and trademarks. They don't do anything else.

--
Adrien.