[haiku-development] Re: Banning Jorge

  • From: Niels Reedijk <niels.reedijk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2010 02:39:26 +0100

Hi Karl,

On 5 November 2010 02:04, Karl vom Dorff <karlvd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I don't want to take any sides, but I just want you all to think outside of
> the box for a second, and think - well what if this were me? What if I got
> in a heated discussion and said things I didn't mean to?
> Would you want your personal name and demeanour being analyzed and discussed
> in an open public forum like this? I hear the word liable screaming very
> loudly when I read all of this.
> Be very careful what you say about people, especially at a place you
> yourself don't have control of.
> As far as I'm concerned, this should be discussed behing closed doors (or
> virtual closed doors) between the Board of Directors, a decision made, and
> that's it. If banning through the website is administered by other people
> than the Board of Directors, then the Board should have an advisory
> committee. Haiku is a legal entity, I would hate to see its resources
> drained because of something like this...

Don't stress out. Haiku Inc. is not responsible for the project. Haiku
Inc. does not own the project, it does not operate the project nor the
mailing lists.* Luckily this also means that Haiku Inc. does not have
any influence on the project, other than decisions they can make
regarding their funding choices.

* Haiku Inc. does provide the servers, so that would be its only liability.