[haiku-development] Re: Banning Jorge

  • From: Nickos V <tonestone57@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2010 16:17:34 -0600

> I do not follow the trench warfare between some people and Jorge so I don't
> have an opinion about banning him.

In the past, Jorge has fought with multiple people who disagreed with him.

Once I disagreed with him on an issue and then got a lengthy email. I responded
back
and another email came and we went back and forth 3 emails when I finally gave
up.

He also included some name calling or put downs in the first email to me.

Jorge is really set in his opinions and will give people a hard time unless
they agree
with him!!! He would post to mailing list and anyone that disagreed with him
would
have to fight with Jorge in the mailing list and through email.

I know that he has argued with Axel, Stephen (stippi) and Ingo. Also, with me
(on 1 issue).
I think with Matt too and maybe others.  Jorge fights with many people.

> In general I am against banning, though.

Yes, sounds harsh but sometimes there is no other way to deal with difficult
people
who are disruptive to the rest of us.

Jorge was bringing negativity, drama and conflict to some individuals. A couple
of them who are active developers for Haiku.

I would guess there was fighting going on brought on by removal of Jorge's name
from AboutSystem:
http://dev.haiku-os.org/changeset/39270/haiku/trunk/src/apps/aboutsystem/AboutSystem.cpp

I think his name should have been moved to past contributors rather than
completely wiped
from Haiku!  Removing his name from the current section made sense since Jorge
no longer
is an active contributor to Haiku.

I can imagine many emails, fighting, stress and anger that this one change
caused for
some to strongly ask officially to ban Jorge.