[haiku-development] Re: Banning Jorge

  • From: "Humdinger" <humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2010 17:00:57 +0100

kallisti5, on Wed, 03 Nov 2010 08:41:03 -0500:
>  Normally I would vote for the community to manage itself(trolls get
>  ignored and burn themselves out); However given the extreme
>  circumstances with the reasons for his ban ,and his tenaciousness on
>  trolling, I completely agree that we should set up some basic
>  protections to prevent his re-entry into the project.

+1.
Over years it was proven that not-feeding-the-troll didn't work.
An official ban wasn't brought to its conclusion, because in the end
Jorge appeared to sever ties on his own. Now that he's back to old form
under various pseudonyms we should conclude the process. That means,
reactivating the original banning thread, give anyone who has repressed
that memory read up on the issue once more, and then put a [VOTE] in
the subject and have commit-righters vote.

Sure, Jorge can activate sockpuppet after sockpuppet to haunt us, but
we don't really have any other choice.

Regards,
Humdinger

Deutsche Haiku News @ http://www.haiku-gazette.de