[haiku-development] Re: __cxa_atexit and __cxa_finalize

  • From: Paul Davey <plmdvy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2010 19:52:52 +1300

On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 7:42 PM, scott mc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> What about #6389 and #6269?  Are these also needed to get things
>> working with clang?  Perhaps someone can check over the patches and
>> apply them if they are ok?
>> -scottmc
>>

> Scratch that second one, I see 6269 was already applied...

To be clear, I have been working mostly on getting clang to work as a
viable compiler on haiku, not yet to get clang to build haiku.

I don't mean to be rude or try to make it seem like kaliber is not
doing useful work.  But it seems that some of the fixes he uses are at
best short term solutions and in no way should be used as a permanent
solution.  The underlying issues which cause the problem, either in
clang or haiku itself should be fixed rather.  However I am glad that
he has done work to get haiku building with clang, it has probably
helped clang somewhat and atleast shows it can be built with it.

I think I may attempt to get clang to use integrated as on haiku by
default and to be able to use the linker directly, this will mean that
it only requires the gcc for the libstdc++ and headers.
If libcxx (libc++) gains more portability in that time I may try to
port that too, which may allow clang to be used with no parts of GCC
on haiku and only the linker from binutils.

Thank you all for you work on this, I am glad to see it becoming a
viable compiler on haiku.

Paul Davey