[haiku-development] Re: Banning Jorge

  • From: Karl vom Dorff <karlvd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2010 21:04:19 -0400

I don't want to take any sides, but I just want you all to think outside of
the box for a second, and think - well what if this were me? What if I got
in a heated discussion and said things I didn't mean to?

Would you want your personal name and demeanour being analyzed and discussed
in an open public forum like this? I hear the word liable screaming very
loudly when I read all of this.

Be very careful what you say about people, especially at a place you
yourself don't have control of.

As far as I'm concerned, this should be discussed behing closed doors (or
virtual closed doors) between the Board of Directors, a decision made, and
that's it. If banning through the website is administered by other people
than the Board of Directors, then the Board should have an advisory
committee. Haiku is a legal entity, I would hate to see its resources
drained because of something like this...