[haiku-development] Re: Banning Jorge

  • From: kallisti5 <kallisti5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2010 08:41:03 -0500

On Wed, 03 Nov 2010 08:43:01 +0100, "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

since we stopped banning Jorge after he seemed to understood his
negative impact, and left, he obviously forgot so hard about it that
reading about it doesn't help anymore.
I would like to actually ban Jorge this time. Just for the books.
Any opinions? How should we proceed?

Normally I would vote for the community to manage itself(trolls get ignored and burn themselves out); However given the extreme circumstances with the reasons for his ban ,and his tenaciousness on trolling, I completely agree that we should set up some basic protections to prevent his re-entry into the project.

His presence always invoked outlandish everyone vs Jorge arguments which wasted HUGE amounts of developer time and was generally bad for the Haiku ecosystem. I agree that a special case be and propose the following blocks be added:

1) Jorge will be banned from Haiku sponsored meetings and conferences.
2) All of Jorge's known email addresses will be blocked on the site, dev site, and mailing lists. 3) A watchful eye will be kept open for Jorge sneaking back into the community under an alias. (this has already happened once)

Overall I think the small amount of effort to enforce this ban would save the project a lot of drama and keep developers developing instead of arguing with Jorge on outlandish requests.

Thanks!

  -- Alex