[gmpi] Re: Requirements

  • From: Tim Hockin <thockin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 09:52:34 -0800

On Mon, Nov 17, 2003 at 10:38:45PM +0100, Vincent Burel wrote:
> Firstly i don't understand how you can be sure that "it's not a significant
> source of pain" !?!? secondly i don't understand why you want to base the

Because NO ONE I have EVER spoken with has mentioned it as a problem.
Purely empirical.

> If the goal is to make a crap of potential bugs and problem with GMPi , let
> me know right now ! :-)

I can tell you that the goal is NOT to do everything the "Windows Way".  If
you have a problem changing your paradigm....

> you are not understanding really the problem i'm affraid. i hope other will

I guess not.

> understand and explain you. For me it's not possible (reliable and secure)
> to authorize the regular user to install plug-in in folder manually.... and
> it's not possible (a good method) also to list available plug-in by scanning
> directories. All is wrong here.

It's odd that it's not possible for you, but for everyone else it's just
fine.  I definitely think the problem is with the system, and not the
outlier.