[gmpi] Re: Requirements

  • From: "Jeff McClintock" <jeffmcc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 11:42:42 +1300

Hi All,
Thanks for your hard work on that Tim. Looks 99.9% great to me..
 Comments...

>GMPI must support instantaneous events.

That's unclear/redundant to me. It's already stated that "Events are
delivered to a plugin immediately prior to the processing block in which
they are to be realized".

> In-place processing (reusing an input buffer as an output buffer) must be
supported. Plugins that are not in-place safe must not be expected to do
in-place processing.

That cool, it gives plugins the option.  But, my host can't do in-place
processing.  Can we word it so that the host can decline a request for
in-place? (in other words both host and plug negotiate it?, and it only
happens if both agree).

>GMPI must define a 'chromed' UI mechanism. Hosts must support this.

What is a 'chromed' UI mechanism?, can we elaborate?

Best Regards,
Jeff