[gmpi] Re: Requirements

  • From: "Vincent Burel" <vincent.burel@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 23:21:50 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tim Hockin" <thockin@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, November 17, 2003 6:52 PM
Subject: [gmpi] Re: Requirements

> On Mon, Nov 17, 2003 at 10:38:45PM +0100, Vincent Burel wrote:
> > Firstly i don't understand how you can be sure that "it's not a
significant
> > source of pain" !?!? secondly i don't understand why you want to base
the

> Because NO ONE I have EVER spoken with has mentioned it as a problem.
> Purely empirical.

no one of who !? give me the name of the companies. which professional
companies doing plug-in for VST does not consider that the installation
process is bad featured ? (which professional companies does VST effect for
PC is the first difficult question :-))

> > If the goal is to make a crap of potential bugs and problem with GMPi ,
let
> > me know right now ! :-)
>
> I can tell you that the goal is NOT to do everything the "Windows Way".
If
> you have a problem changing your paradigm....

my paradigme !? :-) don't worry about me, in more that 15 years i've
programmed on more different O/S than you will, secondly please reply to
this question  : why you want to base the GMPI installation process on an
already existing method that you know this can produce trouble ?. How it is
possible for a scientist like you ?

> It's odd that it's not possible for you, but for everyone else it's just
> fine.  I definitely think the problem is with the system, and not the
> outlier.

i't's the job of the programmer , to take care about all the cases ,
especially
those which are unsignificant, pathologic cases and potential error planned
to never occur...

VB