[gmpi] Re: Requirements

  • From: Steve Harris <S.W.Harris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 14:37:11 +0000

On Tue, Feb 11, 2003 at 09:23:01 -0500, RonKuper@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Thanks, Laurent.
>

> Feel free to comment/add/approve/critisize. Recently, PTAF
> has been extensively discussed on the LAD mailing list and
> interesting features and concepts were suggested.
> <<<
>
> Would it be difficult to post a summary of the LAD discussions here?

Probably, they were quite lengthy.

My main concerns (as I remmeber them) were:

UI code is in the same binary as DSP code. We have allready discussed this
on this list.

Controls have normalised ranges. this makes it difficult to use CV
conformant plugins, and makes it hard to use 'naturally' ranged controls
(eg.  dB's, seconds).

Broadly it appears that the PTAF people and the LAD community were
thinking along the same lines though.

- Steve