[geocentrism] Re: Moving Earth deception

  • From: Robert Bennett <robert.bennett@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Geocentrism <geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2007 14:04:02 -0400

  [geocentrism] Re: Moving Earth deception
  From: "philip madsen"
  .....Actually, I think this is
  all unnecessary complication. Let us shoot our laser at the target on the
Moon
  when it is at 90 deg to the Sun-Earth line ie half phase. In the helio
  scenario, the Earth and the Moon are both travelling at 30 km/s in the
same
  direction so there is no differential. In the Geo scenario, this velocity
does
  not exist so again there is no differential.

  However, in the helio case, the Moon, at a distance of 384 400 km is
moving
  tangentially at 1.023 km/s. To hit a spot at this distance and 1 s in the
  future, we need to lead the target by asin 1.023/384 400 -- about 152.5 u
deg.
  In the geo case, the Moon 1 s in the future will be 26.98 km ahead of our
  aiming point and so we will need to lead the target by atan 26.98/384
400 --
  about 4 m deg. Thus if the beam is about "...well over 100 m radius ...",
the
  precision available would produce a totally unambiguous answer. Even at 2
km
  radius, there is sufficient precision available to make it worth wagering
half
  of your super on.  (i've drunk my super.. living on the state)

According to MS - and contrary to experiment - therewould be aberration in
sighting the target on the Moon, so the lead angle would be doubled.

RB