[elky] Re: Building a PC

  • From: Robert Adams <ladams21@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 19:04:41 -0600

The Sony Vaio Z series starts a 3.3lbs and the Lenovo T400s at 3.9.
Both of these are hardcore laptops and are light weight.  The Lenovo
has integrated graphics but the Sony has switchable graphics - you can
switch from integrated to the discrete card on the fly... from
"Stamina" to "Speed"... cool stuff.

Some netbooks are even lighter, especially with an SSD drive.

Light still = not reliable even today.... Those SSD drives are nice cause of no moving parts but they still haven't gotten the speed fast enough for me to use one for my programs.

I'm looking to see if there are any serious components deals today,
"Cyber Monday".
--
Chris Lindh
http://www.PartsForSpeed.com

Let me know if you see any good processor mobo deals in the 3.0 range AMD.