[elky] Re: Building a PC

  • From: Robert Adams <ladams21@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 01 Dec 2009 09:10:07 -0600

I need to go look at the cases at the local Microcenter.  I was
tempted to order a case last night but there are horror stories with
cases getting beat up in shipping (or faulty wiring, etc).

Well the case we ordered when at Rays for the new computer is a Raidmax smilodn http://www.raidmax.com/specs/smilodon.htm It's a really big case and very nice. IIRC it has 5 cooling fans and a spot for one or two more.

Microcenter also has deals on processors... although you have to
factor in tax there is something to be said for being able to return
something to a retail store if necessary...

True though on cases I'm not worried about it. There is a Microcenter north east of hell (Dallas) on 75. I'd rather mail stuff then drive there. Got two Frys here too and I often get mobo combos there but they are limited on the high end AMD processors so that means newegg. Frys has allot of returned merchandise so you have to go through and find the new stuff.